I love both chocolate and kiwi. So imagine my delight when I came across this recipe for Chocolate Kiwi Pops from ShowFood Chef (You can see the original recipe here). I happened to have kiwi and chocolate so I said “Why not? I’ll give it a try.” I’ve really been into spices lately so I decided to add some cinnamon and cayenne pepper to make it a little spice-ey! I didn’t have popsicle sticks so that’s why my version are bites.
1 cup vegan chocolate chips
1/2 cup Coconut oil
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1. Peel and cut Kiwis into 1 inch thick rounds.
2. Freeze on a tray in the freezer.
3. In double boiler, melt vegan chocolate chips and 1/2 cup Coconut oil
4. Add cinnamon, turmeric and cayenne pepper
5. Let chocolate come to room temperature
6. Dip each Kiwi round into the chocolate mixture (I used 2 toothpicks to get the kiwi in and out of the chocolate) and place on a tray with parchment paper to refreeze or if you can wait you could eat them right away.
Have extra chocolate? Check out this recipe to make Spicy Vegan Chocolates.