Recipe adapted from Knead to Cook’s Chocolate Basil Chobani Zucchini Bread
1/2 cup of coconut flour
1/2 tsp of of xanthan gum or gar gum
1/4 cup cacao powder (I used Navitas Naturals)
1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup of coconut palm sugar (I used Navitas Naturals)
1 cup of grated zucchini
1 large egg
1/4 cup of coconut oil
1/4 cup of Oikos plain organic Greek yogurt
1/2 cup of packed fresh basil, chopped (about a handful of leaves)
1/2 cup of vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray baking dish or loaf pan with a non stick baking spray.
2. In medium mixing bowel, sift the dry ingredients. Add sugar and whisk to combine. Set aside.
3. In medium bowel, use hand mixer to blend the egg, oil, yogurt and basil together. Then gently add the dry mixture to the wet. Mix to combine.
4. Add the chocolate chips and stir with spoon.
5. Pour into your prepared pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
6. Remove from the oven and let cool.
7. Transfer to a serving platter.
8. Enjoy this chocolate-y treat!