It is hot, hot, hot here in Virginia! I think we are experiencing record temperatures across quite a few states here in the U.S. over the past week. So wen my friend send me the link for this Lavender Honey Lemonade my ears perked up. I love lavender, lemonade and limeade. So I decided to mix things up a bit and here’s what I came up with Maple Lavender Limeade. This one even got the thumbs up from my husband. It is delicious and refreshing.
4 cups water
1 cup freshly-squeezed lime juice
2 sprigs of fresh lavender (or 1 1/2 heaping tsp. of dried culinary lavender)
1/2 cup Grade A maple syrup
1. Bring 1 cup of water and maple syrup in a medium pot over medium heat to a boil.
2. Remove from heat.
3. Stir lavender into water/syrup mixture and cover. Steep for 15 minutes.
4. Remove lavender from lavender syrup. If you used dried lavender, you will need to strain it using a sieve.
5. In a large pitcher, combine lavender syrup, the rest of the water and lime juice and stir.
6. Let limeade chill before serving over ice. Makes about 5 cups of lemonade.