Happy Valentine’s Day!
My husband and I don’t really do anything out of the ordinary on Valentine’s Day since we try to do special things for each other all year ’round and we find that Valentine’s Day is an excuse for restaurants to charge more. I’m happier to eat my healthy gluten free soy free food at home and maybe go out this weekend.
We started off with a special Red Velvet Pancakes breakfast (it’s only Thursday and Sunday is pancake day but we’ll just have it twice this week) and tonight my hubby is making me dinner ~ Lobster (one of my absolute favorites), baked potatoes and green beans. Yummers!
Today I thought I would share with you some of the things I absolutely LOVE. Some are health related and some are not, but they all are a very special part of my healthy life.
10 things Linda absolutely ❤ LOVES:
1. Taking walks and spending time in nature. There’s nothing as luxurious as walking barefoot in the grass on a summer evening or a good hike in the woods.
2. Great food. Even when I single and wasn’t making much money, I would save up so that I could go to Whole Foods and get quality ingredients or go to the nicest restaurants on occasion.
3. Moving my body daily. I make moving my body a daily priority. Some days it’s slow and steady as she goes; other days, it’s a full out sweat session. Just move.
4. Cookbooks and cooking shows. I am a cooking junkie. From Ina Garten to Giada Di Laurentiis…I love them all! I don’t know what it is about sitting on the couch and watching these chefs cook that makes me feel so relaxed, peaceful yet inspired to create my own culinary masterpieces.
5. Cooking and making up healthy recipes for me and my hubby.
6. My herbal tea before bed. This is a nightly ritual while I read books before bed.
7. Date night with my husband. We spend a lot of time together since he’s retired and I work form home, but it is still nice to have a dedicated time where we go out and do something special together.
8. Chocolate! I’m pretty sure it’s a major food group, right?
9. Pancake Sunday. I try to make a different healthy pancake concoction every Sunday. My hubby is partial to Coconut Blueberry so I do make that one often.
10. Smoothies. They are healthy delicious way to get more fruits and veggies in.
I could probably go on and on, as there are so many things in this life that I absolutely love. How about you? Take some time today to consider those things in your life you absolutely LOVE and bring joy to your life.
Sending lots of love your way today and every day! I leave you with this quote from Ursula LeGuin, “Love doesn’t just sit there, like a stone; it has to be made, like bread, remade all the time, made new.”
Happy Valentine’s Day!