National S’mores Day is Monday, August 10, 2015! S’mores are a delicious treat made from three simple ingredients—graham crackers, toasted marshmallows, and melted chocolate bars. Yum!
The first official s’mores recipe was published in the Girl Scout Handbook in 1927, but culinary historians believe that the tradition began much earlier.
I thought I would take this tasty campfire treat and turn it into pancakes.
S’mores Pancakes combine the best of breakfast and dessert, no camp fire required!
Who wouldn’t take the excuse to have s’mores pancakes!?
- 1 cup gluten free all putpose flour
- ½ cup gluten free graham cracker sheets, crushed (about 6)
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups milk
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Gluten Free Marshmallows, for garnish
- Chocolate squares, gor garnish
- Preheat the griddle.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, graham crackers, baking powder, cocoa powder and sugar.
- In another bowl, beat eggs, milk, butter and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Grease griddle with coconut oil spray. Pour the batter on the griddle in ¼ cup measures.
- Flip when “the bubbles” appear on the surface. Cook until nice and golden brown on both sides. Continue until all of your batter is used up.
- Put marshmallows under broiler. Watch them so they don't burn.
- Plate pancakes. Top with marshmallow and piece of chocolate.