Life can be hard at times. When things don’t go exactly as planned, it can take a toll on our self-esteem and make us feel down. A little trick I like to use to make my days much more pleasant is to find little, simple pleasures and sprinkle them throughout my day.
Love it? Pin it to SAVE it!
Follow Living Linda on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
**This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small amount of compensation when you purchase from my links which help to keep this blog running.**
So in the morning, I might have a cup of herbal or green tea. I sip it slowly to enjoy it fully.
I might watch the sunrise and marvel at its magnificence. For breakfast, I might put raspberries on my cereal … and I just love berries. I savor each one as the juices explode in my mouth.
You get the idea. These are little things, and don’t really cost a thing (or not much, anyway), but they are tremendously satisfying.
I’ve just described some of the things I might do to start off my day, but the possibilities are endless, and can be done throughout the day.
I thought it would be fun to compile a list of simple pleasures, to give you all some ideas of what I mean, and to spark other ideas of your own. Of course, you can probably come up with a thousand more, and it should also be noted that one person’s pleasures aren’t always pleasures for others.
Ideas for Simple Pleasures
1. Getting a massage.
2. Walking barefoot on the beach.
3. Eating berries … raspberries and strawberries … yummy.
4. Taking a long, relaxing bath.
5. Curling up on the couch with a good book.
6. Watching an old movie on DVD with a big bowl of popcorn.
7. Watching the sunrise.
8. Watching the sunset.
9. Taking time out to do some Yoga, stretching or meditation.
10. Snuggling in bed with your partner.
11. Hugging your child tightly.
12. Savoring the taste of dark chocolate as it melts on your tongue.
13. Dancing like nobody’s watching.
14. Catching up with an old friend.
15. Breakfast in bed.
16. Kissing in the rain.
17. Being lazy on a Sunday.
18. A chocolate malt.
19. Taking a nap just because.
20. Watching children play.
21. Snuggling with your significant other.
22. Crossing a project off of your “To Do” list.
23. Getting a facial or other spa treatment.
24. Getting a manicure and pedicure.
25. Watching animals in nature.
26. Taking time to do your hobby.
27. Surprising a friend.
28. Going for a long walk.
29. Going on a nature walk.
30. Eating fresh pineapple.
31. Having a Ladies Only day.
32. Acting like a kid.
33. Dancing while doing chores.
34. Going to the gym for a workout.
35. Taking photographs.
36. Making someone laugh.
37. Going for a swim.
38. Talking all night with a friend or lover.
39. Having lunch with a friend.
40. Write a handwritten note to a friend and put it in the mail.
OK there you have “a few ideas” for things that I might do on a daily basis to bring happiness and cheer to my day. They’re not big things, but each simple pleasure can translate to a great day if you use them right.
When your world gets a little tough and you are feeling down, be creative with your ideas and enjoy.
Need more ideas? Check out these two resources for ideas of simple pleasures available from Amazon.